Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal. Live this day as if it were your last. The past is over and gone. The future is not guaranteed. –Wayne Dyer
Recipe and photo credit: LDS Living magazine.
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted but not hot
3 large eggs, room temperature
1 cup whole milk, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups fresh strawberries, washed and sliced
1 package (3.4 oz) instant vanilla pudding, prepared according to package instructions
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Using a standard 6-cup popover pan, grease the cups with one tablespoon of the butter. If you don’t have popover tins, use a large muffin pan.
Combine the dry ingredients in a medium bowl. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs until light, then add the milk and vanilla extract. Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Beat just until combined and the mixture is frothy, being careful not to over-beat. Quickly whisk in the butter.
3. Pour the batter into the cups, about 2/3 full.
Place the popover tins on the bottom rack of the oven. Bake for 20 minutes at 450 (DO NOT open the oven door), then reduce heat to 350 and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until they’re a deep, golden brown.
4. Remove them from the oven and stick the tip of a knife in the top of each popover to release the steam. Let the popovers sit in the cups for a minute before removing.
5. Cut each popover in half, leaving them attached at the back. Spread them open on individual plates. Top each popover with some vanilla pudding, about 1/3 cup sliced strawberries, and a dollop of whipped cream. Serve immediately.