“Got no checkbooks, got no banks. Still I’d like to express my thanks – I’ve got the sun in the mornin’ and the moon at night.” –Irving Berlin
This recipe, featured in LDS Living magazine was voted favorite dessert bar. The recipe is courtesy Vida Lake of San Angelo, Texas. This is the recipe that Adam said was ‘my favorite dessert recipe you have ever made.’
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix
- 1/2 cup firm butter
- 2 packages (8 oz each) softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 can (21 oz) Wilderness Premium Raspberry Pie Filling*
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray bottom and sides of 13×9 inch pan with cooking spray.
2. Pour sugar cookie mix in a big bowl. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly and coarse. Set aside 1 1/2 cups of mix for later (topping) and press the remaining crumbs in the bottom of the 13×9 pan. Bake for 10 minutes; do not over bake.
3. Put cream cheese, sugar, flour, vanilla, and egg in a large bowl. Beat together with an electric mixer (medium speed) until smooth.
4. Spread cream cheese mix evenly over crust. Spoon raspberry pie filling over the cream cheese; spread evenly. Take remaining 1 1/2 cups of unbaked crumbs and sprinkle over the top.
5. Bake 35-40 minutes or until crumbs on top are lightly golden brown. Cool 30 minutes, refrigerate about 2 hours to chill.
6. Cut into bars. Store covered in fridge. Makes 24 bars.
* Can easily substitute cherry or strawberry fillings.