“Work will win when wishy washy wishing won’t.”–Thomas S. Monson
I love this recipe of Grandma’s. It is such a yummy comfort food. It only takes 20 minutes to prepare and 35 minutes to bake. Serves 12.
- 1 (16 oz) package vermicelli
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 (10 3/4-oz) can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4-oz) can of cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 oz) can of cream of celery soup
- 1 (8 oz) container sour cream
- 1 (6-oz) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup (2 oz) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (8 oz) shredded Cheddar cheese
Prepare vermicelli according to package directions; drain. Return to pot, and toss with chicken broth.
Stir together chopped cooked chicken and next 8 ingredients in a large bowl; add vermicelli, and toss well. Spoon mixture into 2 lightly greased 11×7-inch baking dishes. Sprinkle evenly with Cheddar cheese.
Bake, covered, at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes; uncover and bake 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Note: Freeze unbaked casserole up to 1 month, if desired. Thaw casserole overnight in refrigerator. Let stand 30 minutes at room temperature, and bake as directed.