It’s the job that’s never started as takes longest to finish. –J.R.R. Tolkien
This is how to make an omelette for two people.
4 large eggs
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 tablespoons butter, for frying (or Pam spray)
- 1 Crack the eggs into a small bowl and whisk.
- 2 Add some salt and pepper, if you like, but do not add any water, milk, or any other liquids.
- 3 Heat the butter in a 9-inch non-stick frying pan and pour in the eggs.
- 4 In the first 30-seconds of cooking, cut slits in egg to allow some of it to run through to the bottom of the pan. Also lift edges of omelette and tilt pan to allow runnier part on top to run off and onto the pan to cook.
- 5 When the top is nearly set, cover it and cook for another minute or so until surface looks dry.
- 6. Sprinkle any fillings over half of the omelette: grated cheese, green onions, asparagus, Canadian bacon, ham chunks, green pepper, etc.
- 7 Use your spatula to flip one half of the omelette over the other half and serve it up.
- 8 Top with salsa or whatever toppings you would like.