“Be believing, be happy, don’t get discouraged. Things will work out.” –Gordon B. Hinckley
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef ( ground shoulder roast is good)
- 1 slice bread ( broken or chopped finely)
- 1 egg
- 1 small vidalia onions or 1 small type sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2-2/3 cup whole milk or 1/2-2/3 cup half-and-half
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 -4 tablespoons dark brown sugar, packed firm ( to taste)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- Meatloaf: Combine meat loaf ingredients and place into a loaf baking dish.
- Smooth out top.
- Sauce: Combine sauce ingredients and pour on top and sides of meatloaf.
- Bake at 350°F about 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes or until done.
- *The addition of 1 or 2 teaspoons of Kitchen Bouquet® makes this recipe very good.