“Thank you, Mr. Rochester, for your great kindness. I am strangely glad to get back again to you: and wherever you are is my home—my only home.” –Charlotte Bronte, Jane Eyre
This recipe is dedicated specifically to the people in my family who love cherries and tend to rummage in my pantry for cherry pie filling and then just eating it straight from the can. Here’s a very quick and easy recipe using pie filling, a cake mix, and butter.
- 1 can (21 oz.) Cherry Pie Filling
- 1 box (about 18 oz.) Yellow Or White Cake Mix
- 3/4 stick Butter
- Whipped Cream
Dump cherry pie filling into a 9×9 or 8×11 inch glass baking dish. Sprinkle cake mix over the top of the pie filling and pat down until it’s even and smooth. Slice butter and distribute over the surface of the cake mix.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
1 package (18 1/4 ounces) yellow cake mix
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
Whipped topping or vanilla ice cream (options)
1. Place pie filling in greased Crock Pot slow cooker
2. Mix together cake mix and butter in medium bowl. Spread evenly over cherry filling, sprinkle with chopped nuts. Cover; cook on LOW 3 to 4 hours or HIGH 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
3. Spoon in serving dishes, and serve warm with whipped topping or ice cream, if desired.
Makes 8-10 servings