“You must not rob your family of time that belongs to them.” — President Gordon B. Hinckley
This is an old-timer’s recipe from decades past. It’s a delicious classic.
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms sliced
- 2 T butter
- 1 14-oz. can chicken broth
- 4 chicken breasts (about 3 lbs.), boneless, skinless
- 1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup half and half cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 can (14 oz.) artichoke hearts, drained
Saute mushrooms in butter, set aside. In broth, simmer chicken breasts for about 20 minutes or until tender. Strain broth, measure 3/4 cup and set aside.
Melt 1/4 cup butter in saucepan and stir in flour, salt and pepper.
Layer chicken in 8×12-inch casserole dish. Top with drained artichoke hearts. Arrange sauteed mushrooms over chicken. Pour sauce over mushrooms.
Bake at 325 for 30 minutes. Serve hot.