The price of greatness is responsibility. –Winston Churchill
I got this recipe as a newlywed and I love it. Yes, it has cream cheese in it and yes, it has sour cream in it, but sometimes you need a little comfort food and when you do, this is a great little recipe.
- 1 package (8 oz.) noodles
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 3 cans (8 oz. each) tomato sauce
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream, thick
- 1/3 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoons butter, melted
Boil noodles in salted water for 10 minutes. Drain. Brown ground round beef in heavy skillet. Stir in tomato sauce. Remove from heat. Combine cottage cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, green onions and green pepper. Spread half the noodles in buttered 2 quart casserole. Cover with cheese mixture; top with remaining noodles. Pour melted butter over noodles. Put beef mixture on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Serves 6.