If people knew how hard I had to work to gain my mastery, it would not seem so wonderful at all. –Michelangelo
I love this recipe. It’s so easy and you can almost make it faster than you can set the table. I always keep a can of Pillsbury biscuits in the fridge now, just because of this recipe.
- 1 pound lean ground turkey (or beef)
- 1 (10 ounce) can Old El Paso Enchilada sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 16 oz can Pillsbury Grand biscuits
- 2 cups shredded Mexican Cheese
- Green onions
- Sour cream
- Black olives
- 1 can of black beans, drained
- 1 can of corn, drained
- 1 can of kidney beans, drained
- 1 4 oz. can chopped mild chilies (I like chilies so I doubled the amount)
- optional: serve with sour cream and Scoop style Fritos
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brown ground beef and drain if needed. Mix in a can of enchilada sauce and tomato sauce. Cut the refrigerated biscuits into fourths and stir them in the meat mixture. Add chilies, drained can of kidney beans and drained can of corn. Pour it all in a greased casserole dish and bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until biscuits are done. Take out of oven and sprinkle cheese on top. Bake an additional 10 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.