It’s the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting. –Paulo Coelho
This is such a tasty, tender pot roast. It’s quick to put together and then just let it cook. You can let it cook in the crockpot for nine hours.
- About 4 lbs chuck roast (My roast was not a full 4 lbs and served 4 people with leftovers for the next day)
- one packet dry onion soup mix
- 1 cup water (I used beef broth)
- one onion chopped
- one stalk celery chopped (I omitted the celery)
- 3 carrots chopped (washed and not peeled) (I used 6 carrots chopped into 1 1/2 inch chunks)
- 3 potatoes peeled and cubed (I had potatoes on the side)
- salt and pepper
Directions: Salt and pepper chuck roast. Brown on all sides in a large skillet over high heat for about 4 minutes per side. Place roast in the slow cooker. Sprinkle the dry soup mix over the top of the roast. Then add the liquid and onions. Cook for about 5 hours on low and then add the carrots and cook for another five hours. I put the roast in at 7 am and it was ready by 5 pm; I didn’t want the carrots to get mushy so that’s why I didn’t add them until half the cooking time was over. They were absolutely perfect.