I have always thought the actions of men the best interpreters of their thoughts. –John Locke
This cake is yummy served cold.
• 1 29-ounce can of pumpkin
• 1 cup sugar
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• 1 can evaporated milk
• 3 eggs
• ½ teaspoon cinnamon
• 1 box yellow cake mix
• 1 cup butter, melted
• 1 cup chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans)
1. Line a 9″ x 13″ pan with waxed paper so that it comes up the sides.
2. Mix pumpkin, evaporated milk, sugar, eggs, salt and cinnamon together in a bowl and then pour into pan.
3. Sprinkle dry cake mix over the pumpkin mixture. Evenly spread nuts over cake mix. Pour melted butter evenly over the nuts.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
5. Cool about 1 hour and invert pan onto a platter. Peel off waxed paper. Serve with whipped cream. Tastes delicious cold.