When we are no longer able to change a situation – we are challenged to change ourselves. –Victor E. Frankl
This recipe makes two dozen scrumptious cookies. I found this recipe on Pinterest but I’m not sure who first created it. We all LOVED this recipe!
- 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 1/4 tsp. of baking soda
- 1/2 cup of butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup of tightly packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup broken up pretzel pieces
- Pretzel or Sea Salt
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a larger bowl, beat the butter and sugars together on medium speed until light and fluffy (about 2-3 minutes). On low speed, slowly add the beaten egg and vanilla extract. Beat to combine, scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the flour mixture and beat just until there are no more streaks of flour. Stir in the chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and pretzels. Cover and refrigerate for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Scoop out well rounded tablespoonfuls of the dough and sprinkle with pretzel salt or sea salt. Leave about 2 inches between each ball. Bake for 10 minutes. If you prefer crispier cookies increase the baking time by 1-2 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before removing.