“You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.” –Ralph Waldo Emerson
Original recipe makes 1 9-inch pie. Recipe source.
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 2 eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 Tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, beat eggs until foamy, and stir in melted butter (until just melted–too hot could cook the eggs). Stir in the brown sugar, white sugar and the flour; mix well. Last add the milk, vanilla and nuts.
3. Pour into an unbaked 9-in pie shell. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes at 350 degrees, then reduce temperature to 300 degrees and bake for 50 minutes, or until pie is puffed and set.