Whenever I think of candy making I always think of the old I Love Lucy candy making episode:
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 3/4 cups Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/3 cup Ghirardelli Unsweetened Cocoa
- In a small saucepan, bring the cream to a simmer. Add the butter and stir until melted. Add the chocolate chips. Stir until completely melted and smooth. Remove from the heat and pour into a shallow bowl.
- Cool, cover, and refrigerate the mixture until firm, at least 2 hours.
- Using a melon baller or small spoon, roll the mixture into 1-inch balls. Roll each ball in the cocoa or nuts. Enjoy immediately or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.