I think it’s kind of fun to make your own cheesecake in a spring-form pan (at least once) and not just the quick and easy versions. This recipe has almost 4,000 rave reviews (at time of this posting) on Allrecipes.
Original recipe makes 1 9-inch springform pan
- 15 graham crackers, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- ¾ cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9 inch springform pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs with melted butter. Press onto bottom of springform pan.
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese with sugar until smooth. Blend in milk, and then mix in the eggs one at a time, mixing just enough to incorporate. Mix in sour cream, vanilla and flour until smooth. Pour filling into prepared crust.
Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. Turn the oven off, and let cake cool in oven with the door closed for 5 to 6 hours; this prevents cracking. Chill in refrigerator until serving time.