- 1/4 pound bacon, diced – Bake it first in the oven until done, then dice it and place in the crock pot.
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 4 medium potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound cheddar cheese, thinly sliced (shredded is fine)
- salt and pepper
- Green Onions (optional)
- Line crock-pot with foil, leaving enough to cover the potatoes when finished – this will help to not stick and to steam the potatoes – also to keep them from getting discolored or mushy.
- Layer half each of the bacon, onions and potatoes in the crock-pot.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and dot with (real) butter.
- Repeat layers of bacon, onions, potatoes and cheese. Dot with butter.
- Cover with remaining foil.
- Cover and cook on low for up to 6 hours (check at 4 hours – depending on your crock pot).
- Add cheese for the last 20 – 30 minutes and enjoy!