“Family is not an important thing, it’s everything.” –Michael J. Fox
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 3/4 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1/2 gallon softened vanilla ice cream
- favorite ice cream topping, optional
- In a large bowl, mix softened butter, brown sugar and Rice Krispies cereal together.
- Spread 1/2 of the Rice Krispies mixture evenly on the bottom of a greased 9×13 pan.
- Smash a layer of vanilla ice cream over the top of Rice Krispie layer until evenly distributed and as flat as possible.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 of the Rice Krispies mixture over the top of ice cream layer.
- Freeze until set up and ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, remove from freezer and cut into squares. You can serve it topped with your favorite ice cream flavors or just as is. Either way is delicious!