In quiet moments when you think about it, you recognize what is critically important in life and what isn’t. Be wise and don’t let good things crowd out those that are essential. –Richard G. Scott
Good old rice krispies treats. When I was a kid the recipe called for 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla flavoring so I added that to the recipe.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla flavoring (I used 1/4 teaspoon)
- 5 cups crisp rice cereal
- Melt butter SLOWLY in a large sauce pan over low heat. TAKE CARE not to let the butter brown or the treats will be dry. Add marshmallows and stir, melting them SLOWLY until melted and well-blended. Cook 2 minutes longer, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add vanilla flavoring and still well.
- Add cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using buttered spatula or waxed paper, press mixture evenly and firmly in buttered 13 x 9 inch pan. Cut into 2 x 2 inch squares when cool.
- For thicker treats, put them into a buttered 9×9 pan.
For a large batch of treats use: 11.5 cups Rice Krispies, 1 whole stick of butter, one 16-oz bag of mini marshmallows. (Jet Puff brand).