When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, ‘I used everything you gave me’. –Erma Bombeck
This was a great recipe that Sara made for us. I thought it was going to be too hot, but when we dipped the taquitos in blue cheese dressing, it was perfect! We served it with celery sticks. Recipe and photo from http://realwomenofphiladelphia.com
- 4 cup(s) of chicken, cooked and shredded
- 12 soft taco, flour tortillas
- 2 cup(s) of mozzarella cheese, grated
- 4 ounce(s) of Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1/3 cup(s) of Frank’s hot sauce
- 1/3 cup(s) of milk
- 2 tbsp. of butter
- 1 tsp. of Mrs. Dash
- 1 tsp. of garlic powder
- 2 tbsp. of vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small sauce pot over medium low heat, melt butter.
- Add Mrs. Dash (there were several different varieties at the store and so I just picked a ‘generic’ looking one–not the spicy one), garlic powder. Stir to combine and cook for 1 minute.
- Add cream cheese and stir until melted and completely combined with butter and spices.
- Wisk in hot sauce and milk and simmer for 5 – 8 minutes. Add salt to taste.
- Combine chicken and sauce.
- Lay out a tortilla; fill with about ¼ – 1/3 cup chicken and 2 tablespoons of mozzarella cheese.
- Tightly roll up taquito and place on a greased baking sheet; repeat until chicken is gone.
- Brush taquitos with vegetable oil on all sides.
- Bake for 15 – 18 minutes; rotate them every 5 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve with Kraft Blue Cheese Dressing and celery sticks.