Don’t brood. Get on with living and loving. You don’t have forever. –Leo Buscaglia
I found this recipe and photo at http://www.favfamilyrecipes.com/2011/09/chicken-in-basil-cream-sauce.html
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 4 chicken breasts cut into halves (8 pieces)
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Optional: Pound and flatten the chicken out a little so it cooks evenly throughout.
- Place milk and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Dip chicken in milk, then coat with crumbs. In a skillet over medium heat cook chicken in butter until browned on both sides. Remove chicken from skillet and keep in a 9×13 pan in the oven on warm.
- Add chicken broth to skillet and stir to loosen up browned bits from pan. Stir in cream, basil, and pepper and bring to a boil. Turn heat to low and whisk in Parmesan cheese. Pour sauce over the chicken and serve.