“You can’t win an argument. You can’t because if you lose it, you lose it; and if you win it, you lose it.” –Dale Carnegie
I got this recipe from my friend Julee.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic crushed (or use minced garlic in a jar = to 1 clove)
- 1 cans (15 oz each) tomato sauce
- 2 cans (12 oz each) tomato paste
- 1-2 cans diced tomatoes with garlic and basil
- 2 envelopes Italian-style spaghetti sauce mix with mushroom (McCormick brand)
- 3 cups water
- 1 T sugar
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil leaves
Cook meat, onion and garlic until meat is brown and onion is tender. Stir in remaining ingredients. Mix well. Cover and simmer for a few hours on low. Make sure it doesn’t burn on the bottom.