“It is both relaxing and invigorating to occasionally set aside the worries of life, seek the company of a friendly book…from the reading of ‘good books’ there comes a richness of life that can be obtained in no other way.” ― Gordon B. Hinckley
Photo and recipe source: Allrecipes
- 1/2 (1 pound) loaf white bread, cut into cubes
- 1 1/2 pounds Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cubed cooked ham
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce, or to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- Place half of the bread cubes on bottom of baking pan. Sprinkle with half of the ham and then half of the cheese; repeat.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, milk, salt, hot sauce and green onions. Pour egg mixture into pan.
- Place pan on top of a baking sheet with a rim and place in oven. Pour water into baking sheet and bake for 60 minutes, or until eggs have set.