Your problem isn’t the problem. Your reaction is the problem. ~Anonymous
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 1 pound black shoestring licorice
- 1 (16 ounce) can white frosting
- 48 pieces candy corn
- 48 cinnamon red hot candies
- 1/4 cup orange decorator sugar
- Prepare cupcakes according to package directions. Let cool completely.
- Cut licorice into 3 inch sections. Working with one or two cupcakes at a time, so the frosting doesn’t set before decorating, frost the cupcakes with the white frosting. Insert licorice pieces into the outer edges of the cupcakes to make the legs of the spider, 3 legs on each side (4 takes up too much space). Place two pieces of candy corn on the front of the cupcake for fangs and use two red hots as eyes. Sprinkle with decorator sugar. Repeat with remaining cupcakes.