“But there certainly are not so many men of large fortune in the world as there are pretty women to deserve them.” –Jane Austen, Mansfield Park
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 cup warm milk (I just heat it in the microwave for 30 seconds and let it sit while the yeast bubbled)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 package yeast(2 1/4 teaspoon)
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/2 T salt
- 1 egg
- flour (I use around 4 1/2 cups)
- 6 Tbsp melted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- milk (probably 2-4 Tbsp.)
- In mixer combine yeast, sugar, and warm water; let grow until bubbly(about 5 minutes).
- Add milk and mix. Mix in oil and egg.
- Slowly add 2 cups flour, mix and then add salt.
- Add 1/2 cup flour at a time until it comes away from side of bowl.
- Let rise in mixing bowl for about 30 minutes.
- Roll dough on a floured surface to make a 9 x 13 inch rectangle.
- Spread melted butter on dough. Evenly sprinkle sugar over butter.
- Sprinkle cinnamon over sugar. Sprinkle enough to cover the sugar with cinnamon.
- Roll up jelly roll from long side and slice into 12 slices. (I like to use thread to do this)
- Place slices in a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish. (3 rows of 4 slices)
- Cover and let rise and additional 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 12-15minutes until rolls are nice and golden.
- Allow rolls to cool slightly. While rolls cool mix together icing ingredients until smooth.
- Pour icing over warm rolls and enjoy.