This is a variation of what I usually make (this one has mashed garlic and green onions). Recipe from Realmomkitchen:
- 8 medium sized russet potatoes
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2/3 cup light sour cream
- 1-2 cloves garlic, crushed (we like garlic so I used 2 cloves)
- 4 green onions, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash your potatoes really well. YDice potatoes into 1 inch cubes.
- In a large pot, place potatoes with enough water to cover plus an inch above. Bring to a boil and cook for about 10-15 minutes until fork tender.
- Drain potatoes and give them a light mash with a potato masher. You want to leave chucks and the potatoes with smooth some once the other ingredients are added.
- Mix in the butter, garlic, green onion, salt, and pepper until well combined. Serves 6-8.