“Don’t let life discourage you; everyone who got where he is had to begin where he was.” –Richard L. Evans
- 4 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate (or see below*)
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Microwave chocolate and butter or margarine in large bowl at HIGH for 2 minutes or until butter or margarine is melted.
- Stir until chocolate is melted. Stir in sugar. Mix in eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour and nuts.
- Cover the pan with foil, leaving enough at edges to form handles. Grease the foil generously. Bake for 30-35 minutes (do not over bake).
*You can use 12 tbls cocoa powder and 3 tbls vegetable oil instead of the 4 unsweetened chocolate squares.