I love this recipe! Click here for original source.
- 1 bunch of medium sized asparagus, about 1 lb
- 2 Tbsp of the most exquisite extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest – freshly grated lemon rind
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
This recipe is so good. Be sure not to overcook your asparagus.
Wash your asparagus thoroughly and snap off the tough bottoms. Cut asparagus stems into 1 to 2 inch pieces, slicing the asparagus at a slight diagonal.
Fill a saucepan with enough water to cover the asparagus and bring water to a boil. Add the asparagus and reduce heat to a simmer. Parboil the asparagus for exactly 2 minutes. Drain water and pour asparagus into a bowl. Add olive oil, Parmesan cheese and grated lemon rind. Toss until asparagus is evenly covered and add salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately and enjoy!
This recipe serves approximately 4 adults.