Adapted from http://allrecipes.com/recipe/68868/chicken-florentine-casserole/
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup half-and-half or you can use 2% milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 bag of bagged prewashed fresh spinach
- 4 ounces or more (whatever you like) of fresh mushrooms, sliced
- About 7 strips of bacon
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Sauté the spinach and mushrooms in a little butter and garlic. Place in vegetables in the bottom of dish. Cook bacon. Remove bacon from grease and pat grease off with a paper towel. Crumble the bacon.
Using a little bit of the bacon grease, saute chicken chunks until brown, then place chicken on top of vegetables in the dish.
Sauce: Melt 1/4 cup butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stirring constantly, mix 3 teaspoons minced garlic, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 can cream of mushroom soup, 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning, 1 cup 2% milk, and 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese. Pour sauce over the chicken.
Top the chicken with the crumbled bacon and bake for 25 minutes at 350. Removed from oven and top with 1 cup mozzarella and continued baking for 10 minutes at 350.