Oh, this is a fine kettle of fish. –Marilla Cuthbert, Anne of Green Gables
Recipe source, click here
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon diced onion
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 pounds halibut steaks
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix the Cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, flour, lemon juice, onion, and cayenne pepper.
- Arrange the halibut steaks in the prepared baking dish, and cover with the Cheddar cheese mixture.
- Bake 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and continue baking 15 minutes, or until fish is easily flaked with a fork.