“If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien
- 1 (5 pound) ready-to-eat ham
- 1/4 cup whole cloves
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup (or brown sugar)
- 2 cups honey
- 2/3 cup butter
You can use a 12 pound ham with the same amount of cloves, brown sugar, honey and butter.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Score ham, and stud with the whole cloves. Place ham in foil lined pan.
- In the top half of a double boiler, heat the corn syrup, honey and butter. Keep glaze warm while baking ham.
- Brush glaze over ham, and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Baste ham every 10 to 15 minutes with the honey glaze. During the last 4 to 5 minutes of baking, turn on broiler to caramelize the glaze. Remove from oven, and let sit a few minutes before serving. –From Allrecipes.