I got this recipe from my friend Julee in Florida.
- 1 cup oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup raspberry vinegar (find it in the store by the balsamic vinegars)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large head romaine lettuce
- 1 head boston lettuce
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup sugared nuts (almonds, pecans or walnuts…or a mix) I buy them already sugared….ours is in the produce dept)
1 jicama, cut in julienne strips (the first time I had the salad it had the jicama and I loved it, but I have never made it with the jicama because I can never find them here.)
Combine oil, sugar, vinegar, garlic, salt, paprika and pepper in blender. Mix. Store for up to 1 week in the fridge.
Salad: Cut or tear romaine lettuce and Boston lettuce. Combine remaining ingredients and toss with dressing just before serving.