- 1/2 cup chopped lean ham
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chorizo sausage, optional
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (19 ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 (8 ounce) can unsalted tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 cups uncooked white rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Prep Time: 5 mins Total Time: 40 mins
- Over medium heat, heat oil in a large saucepan.
- Add ham, chorizo, onion and green pepper, garlic and cumin.
- Sauté until vegetables are tender.
- Add beans, tomato sauce and Tabasco sauce.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add in remaining ingredients and 4 cups water.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until rice is tender.