- 1 (19.8 ounce) package brownie mix
- 1 (3.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (1.5 ounce) bar chocolate candy
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions and cool completely. Cut into 1 inch squares.
- In a large bowl, combine pudding mix, water and sweetened condensed milk. Mix until smooth, then fold in 8 ounces whipped topping until no streaks remain.
- In a trifle bowl or glass serving dish, place half of the brownies, half of the pudding mixture and half of the 12 ounce container of whipped topping. Repeat layers. Shave chocolate onto top layer for garnish. Refrigerate 8 hours before serving.
Reviewed on Jun. 10, 2007 by ROXANNE323
WOW! I made this two times – once exactly according to recipe, and second with a few alterations. The recipe version was fantastic, and I did not think it was too sweet. It was very rich, and I thought there was a strong cool whip flavor, and not enough chocolate. Nonetheless, it was delicious and everyone agreed. The second time I followed some suggestions here, and the dessert won me first place in a contest this weekend! I mixed the pudding and water, and in a separate bowl whipped 1/2 pint heavy cream and 3 tbsp sugar, then folded in the cream with the pudding/water. I also did use the french vanilla cool whip in place of the plain (12 oz). So, I layered brownies, caramel, heath toffee bits, chocolate whipped cream, and french vanilla cool whip. Repeat! It was PHENOMENAL. I had so many requests for the recipe, and I saw numerous people going back for 2nds and 3rds. It was a major hit, and will be a staple dessert dish for me! Thank you!! –This is an Allrecipes favorite.