- 3 large baking potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 pound Polish kielbasa
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seed
- 2/3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Using two long sheets of aluminum foil on top of each other, fold one long edge together and open out to make a large sheet of foil. Line a 13×9 pan with the foil, allowing edges to hang outside pan
- Arrange the sliced potatoes, overlapping slightly, in bottom of pan. Pepper to taste. Top with half of the cheese. Cut sausage in half crosswise and lengthwise and place, cut side down on top. Top with remaining cheese, the dill weed, caraway seed and milk. Seal edges of foil tightly.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees) for 1 hour. –Cooking for Us.