- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Blend in eggs one at a time. Remove 1 cup of batter and spread into bottom of crust; set aside.
- Add pumpkin, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg to the remaining batter and stir gently until well blended. Carefully spread over the batter in the crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until center is almost set. Allow to cool, then refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight. Cover with whipped topping before serving.
Revamping this review —- First, instead of using the pumpkin puree and all the spices…I simply used a can of pumpkin pie filling…Libby’s or the cheap store brand (which i used). 3/4 cup. Make sure your cream cheese is room tempture. It blends better. I used 1/2 cup + 2 tbs sugar. 1 tsp vanilla. And also 1/2 tsp cinnamon. I carefully layered 1 1/2 cup of the cream cheese mixture on the bottom of the crust. Then added the pumpkin mixture on top carefully. Make sure your crust is not cracked or out dated when you get it from the store. Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 50-55 mins or until center of pie is set (center will spring back when touched).