From: Hub Café in Heber City, Utah
This is a really good potato salad. You will need to double this to make a large pan.
2 1/2 lbs of red potatoes
1/2 cup of mayonnaise
1 cup of sour cream
1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
1/2 cup of bacon bits (or cooked and chopped bacon)
4 Tbs. of chopped chives
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Dice potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes, (you do not have to peel them).
- Cook them in boiling water until they have reached a tender but slightly firm consistency.
- After potatoes are cooked, drain and cool completely.
- Salt and pepper the potatoes and then combine the mayonnaise and sour cream and pour over potatoes.
- Sprinkle the cheese, bacon bits and chives over potatoes and stir.
- Add more salt and pepper if needed according to your taste.
- Garnish with a few more chives and cheese.