This is an excellent key lime pie recipe.
4 egg yolks
1 cup lime juice
1 9″ prepared graham cracker pie shell
Combine milk and egg yolks at low speed. Slowly add juice, mixing until well blended. Pour into 9″ graham cracker pie shell and bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes. Refrigerate overnight. Top with 1/2 pint whipped cream, sweetened with 4 tablespoons powdered sugar. Sprinkle top with grated lime rind.
The following recipe is from Allrecipes and is called Key Lime Pie VII and is one of their top rated pie recipes:
- 1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
- 3 cups sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup key lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, combine condensed milk, sour cream, lime juice, and lime rind. Mix well and pour into graham cracker crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 5 to 8 minutes, until tiny pinhole bubbles burst on the surface of pie. DO NOT BROWN! Chill pie thoroughly before serving. Garnish with lime slices and whipped cream if desired.