Our Texas neighbor Jill Lakey brought this wonderful dessert over to us one hot summer day and it was delicious.
- 2 cups Lorna Doone shortbread cookies, crushed
- 6 tablespoons melted margarine
- 4 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 8-oz packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 10-oz pkgs frozen raspberries, thawed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 16-oz Cool Whip
Combine crumbs, margarine and brown sugar. Press into a 9×13 pan. Combine cream cheese and sugar. Mix well. Stir in the raspberries and juice. Fold in the Cool Whip topping and put it over the crust. Refrigerate overnight or for several hours. If you have extra filling, put it in parfait glasses and sprinkle cookie crumbs over the top.