- 5 pounds Russet Or Yukon Gold Potatoes, Peeled And Rinsed
- 3 heads To 5 Heads Roasted Garlic
- 1-½ stick Regular Salted Butter (3/4 Cup)
- 8 ounces, weight Softened Cream Cheese
- ½ cups Or So Half-and-half (Or Heavy Cream, If You’re Feeling Naughty)
- Salt To Taste
- Black Pepper To Taste
(Prep time includes time needed to roast garlic.) See post for How To Roast Garlic under How Tos.)
Cut the peeled potatoes into pieces and cook in boiling water until fork-tender. Drain water and return to pot, and mash potatoes over low heat until lots of the steam has escaped.
Next, mash in softened butter, cream cheese, half-and-half, and salt to taste. Dump in three to five heads of roasted garlic cloves; stir together, then check seasoning. Be sure to salt adequately.
Add some fresh ground black pepper, and serve with one or two roasted garlic cloves on top. Serve with steak and expect to be worshipped and kissed for at least 38 hours. –The Pioneer Woman