1/4 c. chopped onions
1/4 c. chopped green pepper
1 lb. ground beef
1 lb. 12 oz. can tomatoes (diced)
1/2 c. Karo syrup (dark)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 bay leaf
2 tbsp. cornstarch
3 c. cooked macaroni
1 c. grated cheddar cheese
1. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in skillet. Add onion and green pepper; cook until tender.
2. Add the ground beef; brown, stirring often.
3. Pour out and save 1/4 cup liquid from tomatoes. Add rest of tomatoes, salt, pepper, chili powder, bay leaf and syrup to meat mixture. Bring to boil; cover and simmer 15 minutes.
4. Blend cornstarch with tomato liquid saved; stir into meat mixture. Bring to boil, stirring.
5. Add the three cups of macaroni pour in 2-quart casserole. Sprinkle with cheese.
6. Bake 30 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
NOTE: Try using american cheese instead of cheddar and add it at around 5 mins before the casserole is done. It’s creamier.