I got this recipe from Domesticationinprogress.com.
Pillsbury Just Unroll Pie Crust (2 come in the package)
3 chicken breasts
5 red potatoes
2 cans Cream of Chicken soup
1 bag frozen peas and carrots – thawed
1 sweet onion – diced
1. Heat oven to 450
2. Heat two large pans of water – these are for the chicken and potatoes
*I usually add some chicken bullion to the water for taste.
3. Trim fat from chicken and dice the potatoes, then add to the boiling water, separately of course.
4. Cook the bottom of the pie crust first, in the oven. Just follow the directions on the back of the pie crust box for a “one crust pie” – I cook mine for 9 minutes. Make sure you set the timer. After cooking, turn the oven down to 400 to cook the pie
*this isn’t a one crust pie of course but I do not like having a soggy pie bottom. you’ll add the top crust later.
5. sauté the onion in butter until it is translucent and tender – it can even be a little golden
*if you do not like onions than dice them large enough you can pick them out or small enough you can swallow them whole, but do not leave them out entirely. they add wonderful flavor
6. when the chicken is done shred it into bite size pieces
7. the potatoes are done when they break apart by being stabbed with a fork – strain them
8. combine the shredded chicken, potatoes, peas and carrots, onions and the 2 cans of Cream of Chicken soup in a large bowl
9. pour the glorious mixture into the already-cooked pie crust
10. now add the top crust and trim to fit the pie plate.
11. whisk the egg in a small bowl and baste over the top crust
*the egg is strictly for cosmetic purposes, it helps the pie keep it’s color and provides a shine when cooked
12. make 4 slits in the top of the pie with a knife to provide steam release while the pie is baking
13. bake for 40 minutes and then let the pie cool for a few minutes on top of the stove