This is adapted from Allrecipes – see original recipe here. This recipe taste like something you would get in a pricey restaurant. Nice for special occasions.
Prep Time: 25 Minutes / Cook Time: 25 Minutes / Ready in: 50 Minutes
Original Recipe Yield 4 servings. You can double this to fit into a larger casserole dish and serve 8.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup (use 98% fat free and it still tastes great)
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup half-and-half (or whole milk)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 to 2 bags of fresh spinach (whatever you like)
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2/3 cup bacon bits
- 1 to 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook bacon slices, remove from pan and remove excess grease. Crumble bacon.
- Saute fresh spinach and mushrooms in butter and garlic. Squeeze excess fluid from mushrooms and place spinach and mushrooms on bottom of casserole dish.
- Lay cubed raw chicken over spinach and mushrooms (or you can slightly saute it until it’s a little bit brown).
- Prepare sauce: melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Stirring constantly, add the garlic, lemon juice, cream of mushroom soup (98 percent fat free), Italian seasoning, half and half (or can substitute whole milk), and Parmesan cheese.
- Cover the chicken with the sauce.
- Sprinkle sauce with bacon bits.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes in a 350 degrees F (200 degrees C) oven, until bubbly and lightly browned.
- Top with mozzarella cheese and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Serve over pasta.