This is a comfort food dish. This recipe fills a large ( 11×13 ) pan.
- 1 lb hamburger
- Small onion, chopped
- 2 cans Cream of Mushroom Soup (or 1 can Cream of Mushroom and 1 can cream of Potato Soup)
- 2 32-oz bags of tater tots
- 2 Lipton dry onion soup mix packages
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese (or Mexican 4 blend cheese)
- ½ soup can of milk, or more if needed
Brown hamburger and onion. Drain grease. Mix together cans of soup with dry onion soup mix. Blend hamburger and onion into soup mix. Sprinkle mixture with pepper. Add a little milk to thin mixture out. Grease pan and then layer bottom of pan with one bag of tater tots. Spoon hamburger/soup mixture over tots. Sprinkle about 1 cup of cheese over the top. Layer the second bag of tots over the cheese. Bake at 350° for about 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly and tots look browned. Sprinkle cheddar cheese over top and bake until cheese melts.