I know, I know, another chocolate chip cookie recipe. But when you find a recipe with thousands of rave reviews, you have to try it.
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 (3.4 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups chopped walnuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Sift together the flour and baking soda, set aside. In a large bowl, cream together with a hand-held blender, the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat them really well and add the pudding mix a little at a time to the butter/sugar mixture, mixing well in between. Blend in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture a little at a time, mixing good each time. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips and nuts. Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto parchment paper on cookie. Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Edges should be golden brown.