“Let us each day search from the scriptures and from the prophets…. The scriptures that are never read will never help us. If read, the words of God will nourish our souls and carry us to great heights in our endeavors.” –Elder L. Tom Perry
Recipe source, click here.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil (can substitute half unsweetened applesauce and ½ oil to make one cup)
- 2 1/4 cups white sugar (can use 2 cups of sugar instead using 1 cup white and 1 cup brown)
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini (can use 3 cups)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Grease and flour two 8 x 4 inch pans. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Sift flour, salt, baking powder, soda, and cinnamon together in a bowl. Beat eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar together in large bowl. Add sifted ingredients to creamed mixture, and beat well. Stir in zucchini and nuts until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake 40 to 60 minutes, or until tester inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack 20 minutes. Remove bread from pan, and cool. –Allrecipes favorite.