“Christ’s peace can permeate any heart — hearts that are troubled, burdened with grief, confused and pleading for help.” –President Thomas S. Monson
Thanks to my friend Julee for sharing this recipe.
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 pkg frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well drained
- 1 1/4 cup shredded low moisture part skim mozzarella cheese divided
- 6 T grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 6 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves pounded to 1/4 inch thickness
- 1 egg
- 10 Ritz crackers, crushed (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce, heated
- Heat oven to 375 degrees
Mix cream cheese, spinach, 1 cup mozzarella cheese and 3 T Parmesan until well blended; spread onto chicken breasts. Starting at ones short end of each breast, roll up chicken tightly. Secure with wooden toothpicks, if desired.
Beat egg in shallow dish. Mix remaining Parmesan and cracker crumbs in separate shallow dish. Dip chicken in egg, then roll in crumb mixture to evenly coat. Place, seam-sides down in 13 x 9 pan sprayed with cooking spray.
Bake 30 min. or until chicken is done. Remove and discard toothpicks, if using. Serve chicken topped with spaghetti sauce and remaining mozzarella.
To make ahead…assemble and refrigerate for up to four hours.
Special extra: stir chopped fresh basil and or sliced black olives into spaghetti sauce before heating.