This is one of my favorite desserts.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cube butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Mix thoroughly and press into the bottom of a 9×13 pan. Bake at 300 degrees for 15 to 20 min, then cool.
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 9 oz. cool whip (1/2 of carton)
Mix well and spread on first layer.
- 2 small pkgs. of instant pudding (I mixed 1 butterscotch with 1 chocolate)
- 2 1/2 cups cold milk
Beat for 2 minutes then spread on second layer. Then spread on remaining cool whip and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few. –Winston Churchill
4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 pkg bacon (we like to use the thick bacon, it doesn’t fall apart as much on the grill)
1 bottle Caribbean Jerk Marinade/sauce (any brand will work)
Grilled pineapple (optional)
In a large Ziploc bag, combine chicken breasts and about 3/4 of the bottle of Caribbean Jerk Sauce. In a separate Ziploc bag, add the bacon and remaining Jerk Sauce. Put in fridge overnight (or at least 6-8 hours). Take out the chicken, discard marinade and grill turning only once if possible. Add bacon to the grill. When the bacon seems cooked through (watch it closely, don’t overcook). Place the chicken on top of 4 bacon pieces and lay the remaining bacon over the top of the chicken. Grill on low for another few minutes. Serve with grilled pineapple.
This is a recipe from an older lady in our neighborhood when we were newlyweds.
Melt 1 cube butter in a 10x10x2″ baking dish.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 cup milk
Pour into pan with melted butter. Do NOT stir. Pour 1 quart fruit and juice over top (4 cups of fruit/juice) of mixture. Do NOT stir.
Sprinkle well with cinnamon and sugar.
Bake at 325 for one hour. Best when served hot or warm. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
“To keep your marriage brimming, with love in the wedding cup, whenever you’re wrong, admit it; whenever you’re right, shut up.” –Ogden Nash
Ten Minute Chicken
This recipe takes only 10 minutes to prepare. It makes 8 servings.
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup crushed cornflakes
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (at Smith’s you can find grated Parmesan in the specialty cheese section)
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix (NOT the dip mix)
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 4 ounces each)
- Place butter in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the cornflakes, cheese and salad dressing mix. Dip chicken in butter, then roll in corn flake mixture to coat.
- Place the chicken on a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 8 servings.
Dutch Oven All in One Breakfast
1 large pkg. hashbrowns
8 eggs scrambled
2 lbs. ground sausage
10 oz. shredded cheese
In a 12″ Dutch oven, brown the sausage. Remove meat and add hash browns in sausage drippings. Smooth out on bottom of dutch oven and spread sausage on top. Spread the cheese over sausage. Beat eggs and add milk and pour over the mixture. Cover and cook with very little heat on bottom. Should take about 14 to 20 minutes.
1 loaf French bread
½ c butter, softened
½ t Italian seasoning
2 c shredded mozzarella cheese
Slice French bread into 1-inch slices. In small bowl mix butter and Italian seasoning. Spread on one side of each slice of bread, distributing evenly. Lay bread flat on foil-covered baking sheet. Sprinkle cheese on buttered side of bread. Bake at 375°F for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.