Peanut Butter, Banana, Oatmeal Smoothie
I found this recipe here https://www.yourchoicenutrition.com/peanut-butter-banana-oatmeal-smoothie/
- 3/4 cup lowfat milk
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/3 cup oats
- 2 Tablespoons ground flax seed (optional)
- 1 medium banana (I like to slice mine into coins and freeze them beforehand for an icier smoothie)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1–2 Tablespoons honey or pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup ice (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend for 30-60 seconds or until smooth. Pour into two cups and enjoy!
@pizzana Margherita Pizza
4 1/2 cups bread flour
2 cups water
1 teaspoon yeast
1 1/2 tablespoons salt, plus dash for sauce
1 can San Marzano whole peeled tomatoes
Fior Di Latte cheese (or another dry mozzarella)
1. Preheat your oven to 500 degrees.
2. Crush your can of tomatoes in a bowl by hand. Add a dash of salt. Mix by hand and set aside.
3. Add yeast to water, mix (Daniele does it with his finger!💪🏼). Pour into a bowl with 3 cups of flour. Dig in with your hands. Knead for about 5 minutes— by bringing the bottom of the dough to the top center. Add more flour as necessary as you go.
4. Move dough to a flat working station and let rest for 2-3 minutes. One more quick knead and then give it an hour under a— hot tip— stainless steel bowl. 🤯
5. When ready, divide the ball into four.
6. The dough is airy, so you will take your cute ball and push the air to the sides as you flatten into a sphere. You don’t need it very thin. About 10” in diameter.
7. Drizzle oil in a circle following the outline of the crust. Rub in a little bit with your fingers.
8. Spoon on your sauce (don’t be stingy, Daniele uses a lot!)
9. Add basil (again, Daniele uses quite a bit!)
10. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until your crust is starting to brown and bounces back.
11. Remove and add your cheese and another swirl of olive oil!
12. Bake for 2-3 minutes more, just enough for the cheese to melt.
30 Minute Rolls
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp warm water
- ⅓ cup oil
- 2 Tbsp yeast
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 3½ cups flour
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine water, oil, yeast, and sugar. Allow mixture to rest for 15 minutes.
- With a dough hook, mix in salt and egg and 2 of the cups flour until combined. Add remaining flour ½ cup at a time.
- Shape dough into 12 balls and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Place rolls in a greased 9×13 pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes until tops are golden brown. Makes 1 dozen.
For 3 dozen rolls use the following measurements:
3 ½ cup warm water
1 cup oil
6 Tbsp yeast
¾ cup sugar or honey
1 ½ tsp Salt
10 ½ cups flour
I got this easy recipe from my friend Jeri. Good as meatball sandwich.
2 lbs frozen cooked meatballs, thawed.
2 bottles (18 oz each) barbecue sauce. For one bottle use Famous Dave’s barbecue sauce and for the other bottle use Sweet Baby Ray’s barbecue sauce.
Your favorite hoagie type buns to make meatball sandwiches.
Spray 3 to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Add meatballs to slow cooker.
In medium bowl, mix barbecue sauce, mixing well. Pour on top of meatballs in slow cooker; stir to coat.
Cover; cook on High heat setting 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until thermometer inserted in center of meatball reads 165°F. Stir before serving to evenly coat meatballs in barbecue sauce mixture.
Crock Pot Funeral Potatoes
I love ‘funeral’ potatoes. I had this slow cooker version at a reception and it was delicious.
- ½ yellow onion, minced
- ½ cube butter
- 1 can cream of mushroom
- 1 can cream of chicken
- ¼ cup milk
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 2 packages 32 oz. frozen hash browns
Sauté minced onion in butter in large pan.
Strain soups before adding them if you do not want bits of mushroom or chicken in your potatoes.
Add strained soups, milk, sour cream and 2 cups of shredded cheese to minced onion. Heat on medium high heat until cheese is melted and well blended. Sprinkle garlic salt in and mix well using a whisk.
Add frozen potatoes and stir until they are covered in soup mixture.
Put in crock pot for 4 – 4 ½ hours on high, stir every 30 minutes or they will burn on the bottom and edges.
15-20 min before you serve, sprinkle the last cup of cheddar cheese on top to melt. (I omitted this step.)
Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas
Photo from Six Sisters Stuff
Sara made these delicious enchiladas for us the other night. She got the recipe here: https://www.sixsistersstuff.com/recipe/honey-lime-chicken-enchiladas-recipe/
6 Tablespoons honey
5 Tablespoons lime juice
1 Tablespoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
About 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cooked and shredded – about 3-4 cups)
1 (16 ounce) can green enchilada sauce
10 flour tortillas
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
1 cup heavy cream
Whisk together marinade ingredients and toss with shredded chicken in a resealable gallon-sized bag or airtight
Let chicken mixture marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, but preferably a few hours.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Pour 1/2 cup enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 9 X 13 inch baking pan.
Fill the tortillas with chicken, saving marinade (if any left), and shredded cheese, reserving about 1 cup of cheese
to sprinkle on top of enchiladas.
Placed rolled tortillas into prepared pan.
Mix the remaining enchilada sauce with heavy cream and leftover marinade, if any, and pour on top of enchiladas.
Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Bake for 30 minutes, or until brown and crispy on top.
This is a comfort food dish that is easy to make and you probably already have the ingredients on hand.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3 cups peeled and thinly sliced potatoes
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef and then drain fat.
- In a mixing bowl stir together the cream of mushroom soup, onion, milk, salt and pepper to taste. Add in the cooked hamburger and mix well.
- In a 2 quart baking dish (11×17 inches), alternately layer potatoes, soup and meat mixture and then top with sprinkled cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until the potatoes are fork tender.
I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year. –Charles Dickens
This was so good and so easy. I made this Christmas morning and all of us gobbled it up. Thanks to Sara for the lovely fruit salad we had with it. About 12 servings.
- 2 small cans chopped green chilies
- 1 large bag of shredded hash browns (32 oz bag), thawed
- 1 Tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 1 medium container (16 ounces) cottage cheese (2 cups)
- 1/2 to 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4-6 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 2 packages Jimmy Dean sausage
- 1 pound bacon
- 12 eggs
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil. Arrange bacon slices on the foil and place the baking sheet on the center rack. Cook for about 15 minutes or until done. Drain fat, pat bacon with paper towel to remove excess fat.
- While bacon is cooking, crumble your two packages of Jimmy Dean’s sausage in a fry pan and cook. Drain grain and rinse excess fat from sausage in a strainer under hot water.
- Open 2 small cans of green chilies and dump contents into a bowl.
- Add the dried onion flakes and cottage cheese to the chilies and stir together. (I was about a cup shy on the cottage cheese so I added a cup of sour cream to make up for it). Sprinkle about a tablespoon of onion powder over the mix and stir.
- Add 4-6 cups grated cheese and about a 1/2 cup of sour cream and mix all this together, then add crumbled sausage and stir together.
- Add bag of hash browns to the mix and combined thoroughly.
- Spoon this mixture into your lightly greased casserole dish.
- Mix 12 eggs together with a fork in a separate bowl and then pour them over the top of the casserole.
- I poured about a 1/2 cup of milk over the top of the casserole to help moisten it at this point.
- Sprinkle crumbled bacon over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees uncovered for about 50-60 minutes until lightly browned on top or until bubbly around the edges.
Quick and Easy Orange Rolls
12 frozen dinner rolls (I use Rhodes)
Grated rind of one orange
1/2 C sugar
1/2 C melted butter
1 C powdered sugar
1 Tbsp melted butter
2 Tbsp orange juice
1. Mix together powdered sugar, 1 Tbsp melted butter and orange juice and stir until smooth
2. Thaw dough in the refrigerator over night or 2-3 hours prior to use
3. Cover with plastic wrap while thawing
4. Grate orange rind and mix with sugar
5. Roll thawed roll in 1/2 C melted butter and then in sugar and rind mixture
6. Place on greased cookie sheet or 9 x 13 pan
7. Cover with plastic wrap and allow rolls to double in size – approximately 1 hour
8. Remove plastic wrap and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes
Let rolls cool enough that they aren’t hot (about 5 minutes) but still warm and then frost them with the citrus glaze.